Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Coming of Age

First of all, it starts off with Wesley saying goodbye to one of his gay lovers:


And then he leaves!  Hopefully forever.  But alas, he is just trying to get into Starfleet.  So THEN he can leave forever.  Unfortunately, after he leaves we get another douchebag in his place.


New douchebag wants to start some shit by claiming that Picard, a fine officer indeed, is somehow incompetent. So he starts poking around, trying to stir the pot, but the bridge crew is t-i-t-e. And not having it.

Back down in Wesley's little girl training he is of course excelling.  I say of course because that seems to be the only fucking thing the writers were capable of having him do.  Be awesome at everything, especially at being a crybaby.  His trainees are a bunch of whiners too.


I forget what species this guy is but I like his little chest mounted respirator. They come back later on the series.  I think they breathe methane or something, so that chest doodad is just a mounted fart machine.  Rad.


All this bitch does is complain.  "Wah wah wah I wish I was as good as you Wesley!  I'm not that smart, its not fair, wah wah wah." At least she tells him he is obnoxious to his face. There is a vulcan tooling around too but nobody cares about them.

DB2 has a cool scene interrogating the rest of the bridge crew.  It isn't too much, but it is some nice editing switching between their different interviews.

Before that, Wesley's gay lover from before is so distraught over losing him that he decides he is going to steal a shuttle and go be a prostitute on a freighter.  Except he immediately fucks up and is about to crash into a planet.  Picard manages to talk him through it by imagining he is back at home, smelling Wesley's taint.

mmmm, taint

Apparently a few episodes back when I was gushing about how good the CG was in a scene with the Enterprise pulling into a starbase, well that was just repurposed from one of the movies.  God I wonder if I should do those after I'm done with the shows? Geez anyways, so in this episode with the scene of gay lover dude about to crash the shuttle we see the....standard....CG and it is.....not as good, buddy.

vroom vroom


DB2 was there with this admiral guy, and while I don't really care for the first uniforms they had these guys in but the admiral uniforms rule.


This particular Admiral Quinn rules too and is in an AWESOME episode later on.  Which is what I thought this one was at first but then got super sad when I realized it wasn't, this is just the setup for that awesome one later on.

So the investigation was just a ruse, and Wesley didn't get in because he sucks. Then he cries because he wishes Picard was his real daddy, something I wouldn't know anything about................


No comments:

Post a Comment