Wednesday, October 5, 2011

TNGS2: Time Squared

To repeat, I watched this one about a week ago and even took screenshots on my laptop, but I'm at work and bored out of my mind so fuck it. lets just get through this together and it will really strengthen our relationship. Because that is how build attachment, solve problems together! This blog is a problem, and it needs solving people. As far as I can tell there are only two ways out, Keep Trekkin' or Die Tryin' (jesus kill me now).

The opening scene is kinda silly. Riker, like a boss, is throwing a dinner party for all his Enterprise bros and decides to make omelets. Which is classy - breakfast for dinner but still sorta frenching it up. Except Riker, bro, for one thing you are making fucking scrambled eggs here homeboy, and for another, you are sucking at it. This is maybe my biggest complaint about eating eggs out at restaurants - fucking nobody knows how to make a god damn scrambled egg. If I ever get served to me some scrambled eggs that aren't fucking overcooked, dry, and flavorless, I will collapse down on my knees and praise THE ONE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED. Come on guys, low heat, keep them moving at all times, add some butter at the end. How hard is that! You don't have to stir them beforehand, don't season them till you are done, please, make me some decent scrambled eggs!

Riker is making his on a god damn griddle and they come out nasty. Might be because he got the eggs from some peruvian feathered stink ox or something, but only Worf eats them and it is comical.

Besides that, this episode has some problems much like The Royale. It has an interesting premise, some time travel that is surprisingly not obnoxious, and is a Picard episode. Yet, it is awfully forgetful since in the end nothing fucking happens. The McGuffin vanishes, and everybody goes on their merry way. Apparently this was supposed to be the intro of a long Q plot but that stupid boner Gene Roddenberry nixed it. It is good if only for the Picard on Picard scenes - now that is what I call erotic!

No comments:

Post a Comment